Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Family Trip

We had a great time in Salt Lake.  We  had been wanting to take the kids on a little trip for a while. We headed there on Thursday.  Thursday we stayed in down down salt lake so the boys could ride the train to temple square.  Then Friday we went to the zoo and of course did some shopping!  Saturday we met
Rye's whole family at lagoon.  I loved spending the whole day with them, we had so much fun!!  and of course got our Western picture! I think those outlaws are the cutest boys I have ever seen!  I wanted to be a cow girl but Rye MADE me be the saloon girl....not my chose.  Knox even got to ride a few rides.  Sunday we attended Rye's cousins homecoming (Bronson woods) Then headed to my brothers baby blessing, he lives in down town Salt Lake.  It was great to see everyone from both our families. 
The trip was fun. We bought a new SUV (new to us), and a day before we left we ended up having to take it in to fix something.  So we were stuck in a rental car.  I cant seem to pack anything less then EVERYTHING I think I may need, including two different strollers!! So we literally had stuff stacked on top of us on the way home. And the best part of it all was Holden's  and Knox's singing the whole way there and home.  Knox sang Twinkle twinkle little star, perfectly....with out actually saying one real word!!! it gets old fast, but it's so sweet.  Holden sings songs he thinks he knows....For example, this was probably our favorite.

(Sung in the tune of Mary had a little lamb)
"Mary had a little dinosaur,
Dinosaur, DINOSAUR!
Mary had a little Dinosaur,
Christmas white as snoooowwwww!"

Haha!! I will just leave it at that we will never drive far in a car again, we have out grown it, and we will invest in entertainment for the boys....Holy cow.
I love my family, and am so thankful we get to have each other. Wouldn't change them for anything.

Ryes sister Emily son Kyson, Cassie's little boys, Issac and Noah, Knox, Rye and Ryes mom Deb.
Deb and her littlest babies. Knox, Issac and Holden.
Rye and is brother Zack, doing the...scary ride.
At every Hotel we stayed at Knox had to drive the luggage deal everywhere it went.
Knox, Ashton, Holden, and Brady riding Knox's first ride, it was the only one he cried on.

7 comments:

Ricci Harvey said...

I keep telling Curtis I want to go to the zoo soooo bad! It looks like you had so much fun! I think you look like a cute saloon girl! haha!

Portia said...

Ricci do not waste your time at hogel zoo, you live close enough, that you should go to the Albequerque zoo, it is soooooo much better!

Celisa said...

How fun Portia! I love your western picture and the picture of Holden feeding Knox an ice cream cone. You are a hot saloon girl! Glad you guys had fun!

Dixon and Jess said...

We went to Lagoon last Saturday too! Too bad we didn't see you guys!!

McKay and Amanda Jones said...

Fun! Don't you just love to get away! You have such a cute family!

The Stylers said...

Koleman is SOO addicted to his binki! We don't do anything without it, and he cries for it All day long if I try and make him leave it in his crib! I'm thinking he will have it until he is 5, maybe even longer!! ... P.S. I just love that first pic! You have such a cute family!

Melissa Clay said...

I totally saw you guys there! From Far away!! Hope you guys are doing good!!