Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summer is here!!!

I LOVE summer!!  I am so exited that it is here, and even sooner then usual.  I am even more happy that I live in Utah, we have the best ones here!  We have been having so much fun with cousins.  Doing all sorts of activities.  I love my sisters so much.  Rye and I are doing good.  Not to sound annoying but we are just happy, quite happy.  There will be a lot more summer posts to come!

Slade was dropped off at the Mtc today....I just love him.  He left me the sweetest voicemail
 this morning,
 and I cried.  I actually had to run to shake the feeling.  I am so proud of him though!  And so Happy my little family got to spend so much time with him these last months.  The boys LOVE him.  Knox yelled q in sacrament while Slade talked "is Yade, momma is Yade, grandma is Yade,  yay Yade!!"  Yade is Slade BTW. One gone, and one will be home in two weeks.  The pictures are from Sundays Luncheon.
Holden washing his bike.  He takes great care of his toys, haha!  And the boy's bus.  They make trains and vans to.  Notice the little black baby in her car seat!! I thought it was clever!
Happy Summer!
PS....Do you think I am to young for a van??? Is it ok, or would you laugh me out of the state.  We would get a nice van, but still a van??? Tell me the truth please!! haha!

14 comments:

bliss' said...

My honest opinion NO I dont think you are to young for a van especially if you plan on having more kids! My sister has one and we have taken it on different occasions and it is amazing I love having room!

The Stylers said...

Your def too young for a van! Your only a yr older than me and I know I'm WAY to young! But I mean I'll still wave at you if I pass you on the road! Cute boys as always!!

Portia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Portia said...

I feel waaaayy to young!! But Rye is trying to convince me it is the right thing to do!!

The Durham's said...

Are you pregnant Portia?? Because that's when we will be getting a van is when baby #3 is on the way!

Laura Bloomfield said...

No Way girl!!!! Buying a van is the BEST vehicle decision EVER! True there is a steryotype that goes along with it, but it ride soooo much more comfortable with soooooo much more room and such family friendly options. Seriously. If you're not convinced, borrow someone's for a week and you will be. We only have 2 kiddos right now and when we went to NM for a visit and didn't have our van... oh boy did we miss it!!! Seriously girl. Consider it!

Ricci Harvey said...

I wouldn't shun you for having a van, but I would definitely have a hard time getting one. We were gonna get an SUV but they are so much more expensive to buy and on gas so a van is more economical. But I'm with Stef. I think you're hiding a pregnancy from us.

Heidi Gardner said...

Well, Trevor also wants a van. He hates that the car is too squishy, but I tell him I'm not ready for a van until baby #3 is about to make its entrance into the world. Are you preggers?!?! I have heard that they are more comfortable especially for kids.

The McKims! said...

Port, when i drove grandma's van around for a month while she was in cleveland, it was HEAVAN!! I swore i would never get a van, but it was so very nice!! AND, my sister in law just got a new van (the newer version of grandma's) and it is sooo nice. It is kinda boxy like an suv, so it is even kinda cute looking. Its really really nice!!

The McKims! said...

Oh, and i need some pics from you please! rikkimoyle@yahoo.com... love you!!!

Portia said...

No no I am not pregnant, but I will be sometime in the near future I imagine but it is not like were not going to grow, haha!

Cheesey, I am glad you reminded me because I would have forgot about the splash pad pictures they were CUTE, so I need to add those to this post, and I will email them to you!

Dixon and Jess said...

Too young! haha... I swear I am never getting a van, I think we will go the SUV route. But then again, I guess it depends on how many kids you plan on having. I don't doubt they are nice but I just would rather not get one :) I love the story of Knox yelling in Sacrament because Dixon just spoke on Mother's Day and Sienna was yelling "Daddy" at the top of her lungs and waving.. It was cute but embarrassing at the same time! Your boys are such studs!

Emilee said...

I swear over and over again that I will NEVER drive a van! But, I agree with Rikki.. they are convenient. I think you could totally ROCK a van! You'd be the hottest mamma in town in a van! :)

Erica Locke said...

I'm lame, but I'm a van lover... I never said I wouldn't drive one though, so I'm not one to give advice. Love your post and think your boys are so handsome and fun. You are a great momma too. I love that about you!