Friday, January 17, 2014

*2 weeks old*




A Smile only a mother could love! haha! And she loves it!

Race is 2 weeks!! It seams crazy, because 2 weeks is such a small amount of time, and it seams like he has always been here. 
 
He is still such a sweet baby.  He is a big boy.  When I went in  at 6 days he had already weighed 8 1/2 pounds!  He is not the best baby at night.  He is a every two hour eater which kinda sucks.  He is starting to get so fun. He is pretty chill for the most part. He hates not being warm.  So any diaper change, clothes change, or bath is very traumatic!   The boys cant leave him alone.  It seams like I am more of his protector then his mom. 
 
Knox, as big of a mommys boy as he is, has yet to get jealous.  It makes me feel good that I've raised such confident boys.  Holden is very motherly and thinks he can do more then he's supposed to =) 
 
I'm doing good.  I don't know what is going on, but I have had a major hard time nursing!  You would think since this is my third I would be pro....Ive never had a hard time.  I think its a mix of him having a tiny little mouth that doesn't latch good and me being especially engorged.....But all Ive gotta say is it sucks!!!  SO, painful, but  I know it is so worth it. 
 

Funny story:  If you know my husband, you know he is oddly supportive of breastfeeding!  haha!  He will always give mothers his two sense about how they NEED to do it!  It gets very embarrassing!  But one night about a weeks ago, I had had it!  I  flung Race onto my lap, and said "Im DONE!!"  And just burst into tears.  I couldn't feed him without my legs shaking it hurt so bad!  Rye Rushes over with this "ahhh what do I do!" look on his face.  And he tries to get Race to latch properly (he thinks he would be the best brestfeeder ever! ) Then he sits down by me and says,
 
"I promise if you will just keep trying and always nurse our kids until we are done having them, I will buy you anything you want.  The second you are done with our last kid you can go and get a tummy tuck, a boob job, and  boob lift..... umm a tattoo on your eyebrows, lip tattoos.....whatever you want, I'll pay for it!" 

HAHA! I was to upset to laugh, but I thought it was so funny!  Most of those things I don't want, but you are all my witnesses that when the time comes I can get Them!! =)

Pictures of Race's first two weeks of life:

 
 
 

 



 Knox loves sleeping by the baby!  I wanted to get a picture and went and grabbed my camera, but when I went to take it, It was like Race knew exactly what he was doing and shoved his fingers up both knoxs nose holes!  It was like he was  posing.
 


5 comments:

bliss' said...

Oh my! He is the cutest tittle man ever, and Rye cracks me up but I am glad he is opinionated I wish Cameron was more!

Unknown said...

Oh Portia, I SO feel for you! I couldn't get my baby to nurse until he was six weeks old! His little mouth was so tiny that it was a challenge for him to latch, and he would get frustrated and give up. So I had to pump and then give it to him in a bottle. Hang in there...I never thought Bronson would get the nursing thing down, but he eventually did. Heck, now he loves it so much I feel like he'll never give it up! Lol. Race is so cute though! Oh, and my baby totally has a blanket made with that dinosaur material too! :)

Ricci Harvey said...

He is sooo darling! I want to cuddle him!

McKay and Amanda Jones said...

Oh he is so sweet! So precious!

Celisa said...

Portia, he is so so cute! You have such handsome boys, and they are so lucky to have you and Rye for parents. I had a really hard time nursing Kate even though Olivia was such a good nurser all on her own. It was so frustrating, but finally she got the hang of it. I laughed about Rye's strong breastfeeding opinions! :) Good luck with it! (And you do have all of us as witnesses when it comes time to cash in on your nursing years! I'm thinking you should get a fancy car or something).