Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Game of life....

I hate this game.......hahaha! That's all I really want to say. This post is not meant to be "deep" and meaningful, really I just hate this dumb game.
Explanation: Rye and I got really bored and so I said lets go buy monopoly.....he hates that game so we bought Life. Long story short, I lost.

Why???? Because according to the game of life, I was to poor, didn't have the right assets, mortgage, job, and mostly money..... It didn't matter that I raised Six sets of twin daughters, never split from my main squeeze, had an education with a humble happy person job, and not to mention I never lost my job (like Rye) And I didnt want to go into debt and buy the most expensive beach house, I just wanted to be humble and live in a nice cottage with a bush! ........So, I lost.....Does this mean I am a loser in the real "game of life" because those are really the only things I want out of life, kids, stability, happy marriage, and easy debt free livin....... YES, it does.....according to the game of life...It's an outrage.
It's really sad that we all get so caught up in things that don't matter at all in our lives. I have come to realize I am one of the worst at this, because I really kinda wanted to win, haha!

7 comments:

Ricci Harvey said...

Portia, believe it or not, that kinda ended up being deep. I have to say I'm like you, I just want a family with a husband who loves me, and be debt free. Although I would like to own my own home, but that's just smart.

Cassie said...

Amen!
Love this, you are so cute!
Hope you are feeling good!

The brackens said...

AGREED!!!!!
I am in the same boat of wanting a loving husband, kids, stability! Just the important things in life, dont need the material things!
Love ya P!!!

Woods Family said...

this made me laugh! ha ha. but I totally agree! .

Celisa said...

I agree with you Portia! And I have pretty much given up on playing any board games with Aaron because he always kicks my butt. :)

Jessie said...

I take those dang board games pretty dang serious also!!!

We need to get together again!

liz said...

Good post, Amen to that. I'm glad you found my blog, it's good to here from you. Yup, they are close, Tommy is just 10 days older then Washington, crazy huh? We wish we could see them more often. Holden is so sweet, congrats on your upcoming arrival. I know he's going to be a cutie. Hope you're feeling well. Anyway, it was really good to hear from you, talk to you soon. Oh, your blog is really cute.