Saturday, February 12, 2011

Proud big Sister!

(for some reason this post was hiding at the bottom, I messed something up! I fixed the problem though)

Slade Moyle is officially a Utah Wrestling State champion! (the little brother) We are all so, so proud of him. We were so happy we were able to watch him this last week. He totally dominated. He is so talented. I love my little brother so much. If you knew anything about him, you would to.


He has overcome more then anybody I know......the day he was born he was life flighted to Primary children's Hospital. I don't remember how long he was there but I know my parents wrote letters. He was 1 years old when he fell out our back door, because my dad was building a knew porch, and had the old one torn out. (that explains the scar on the top of his forehead) When he was 2 or three he was attacked by a dog. (that explains the rest of the scars on his face) I remember my mom running him in to the house and sitting him on the table frantically, and that little stinker says "look mom" as he popped his tong out the side of his cheek. over 150 stitiches!


When he was a little older he was life flighted to Primary Children's hospital for the second time......this one was scary. He had fallen off the tramp and hit his head on the sidewalk. Nobody knew really what had happened. But by the time my parents took him to the hospital he didn't know who he was...His brain was internally bleeding, his neck was broken, and he had gone into a coma..Slade is our little miracle baby. Thanks to the power of the priesthood, he was the first child in the history of Primary Children's hospital to be released straight from the critical care unit!! They didn't even have papers for him.

My parents were told he would never be able to hold a job because of the damage in his brain.....Now years later there are no side effects, he has been on the honor role through out high school. Given over a dozen scholarships for being so darn outstanding, class president, an outstanding athlete, SOOO musically inclined, starting football quarterback for a few years now, and despite all his facial injury's, a very good lookin young man!! Slade was the only 10 year old I have known that would get up at five and go jogging, or go and practice for his sports??? I think the lord had/has big plans for him, as he does all of us. He has always been such a great kid to. I never have dared say inappropriate things around him. He is a great example. Only he could be the captain of a football team, in that type of environment, and still manage to help baptize 3 young men. One in which, Slade had the honor to baptize himself......

So, Good Work Little Brother you have earned all the great things you get!!

right after he won! I love this!
(olena taylor took these at Sate!)



All my brothers are wonderful! My other little brother, is serving a mission right now!! (the one in the center) He is doing one of the greatest sacrifices we can do here on earth. I thank him in every letter I write him! He is thriving out there. He is and always has been the biggest ray of sunshine you could ever meet..
I am so proud of these boys, and I hope my boys will follow in the examples of the great men in their lives!

7 comments:

Heather said...

wahoo! Way to go Slade! GREAT pics too!

Shanley said...

This post made me cry! Slade is such an awesome young man and he is a miracle baby. I'm so happy he has become so successful, and he will go so far in life because of his amazing talents and personality. I love your whole family. You are all so neat!

Celisa said...

What awesome brothers! Congrats to Slade the State Champion!

Ricci Harvey said...

Slade is ripped, he looks so old, I haven't seen him in a long time. That is so awesome! I remember when he fell off the tramp, I knew it was serious but I didn't know it was that bad. What an accomplished guy!

Unknown said...

I agree, I think Slade is such a sweetheart. State Champ, it sounds good on him! Love the pictures. Love your family, both your own(you and Rye) and your brothers and sisters.

Unknown said...

That was really LaDawna. I don't think Eric would say sweetheart.

Cheilsea said...

Wow, your brother sounds like quite the fighter! Thanks so much again for all your kind words on my blog. You are too sweet! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Cheilsea