Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Zoo

My kids love animals, so we planned a quick family fun filled trip to the SL zoo!!  We are only three.5 miles from there.  We all needed a break from life desperately!  Rye has been working none stop.  We visited a lot of places we've wanted to check out in SL, did some shopping and just enjoyed each other =)....This zoo is super lame, especially right now (construction)  So beware.  Maybe we are just spoiled though, I loved the zoo in NM.  BUT, kids don't know the difference, They had a blast!
 
 Knox is so funny!  Out of all the cool animals, he picked whatever that is he is on!....I was like, what is that?? I sat and watched all the animals go around, and that was by far the ugliest and lamest animal!  But he wanted THAT one though.  Kids are funny.  Holden did the same thing in the  gift store.  They had the little "pick your bag of rocks" and he loves rocks, so he wanted those.  And there were so many awesome fun rocks in fun colors, and every single rock he picked was the ugliest one I could see, like gravel pit rocks!....maybe I just don't understand boys, haha!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like so much fun! I miss you guys so much!!! Love you!!! Mom

The McKims! said...

Ohhh Portia! I LOVE Knox's animal. It sooo fits him!!! You think my kids are weird... just saying! LOVE YOU!