Tuesday, August 27, 2013

the cause of a breakdown...


Back to school night

 
 
 
This little boy started school!  I have been dreading this all summer....I guess all his life!  I have been so stressed this whole month and almost depressed.  He has been so excited though.  I know I've gotta let go, but it is just harder then I ever thought it would be.  I can honestly say you could probably count on two hands how many times Ive been apart from Holden, longer then an  hour. We move so much it's kinda just worked out that way, so not necessarily by chose. But  I didn't want him to go to preschool, and he has never been to daycare or anything! He's never been away from me.
I remember the first time I left him with anyone.  It was for like an hour.  Ryes cousin Kandis came to pick him up to take him to a family reunion or something.  He was like 5 months old.  Anyway, we got him in her car, and she drove off, and I BURST into tears, and bawled.  Since then Rye knows Im a bit attached.  SO, he's been worried about me. 
Knox and I walked him to his lineup (we have to do this every morning, going to be a pain!) and I was so worried about him.  There were so many kids.  But the bell rang and he was gone.  And I kid you not my lips started shaking instantly and I fought the tears the whole way back to the car, and then I BURST into tears, and was literally sobbing!  What is wrong with me?  Poor Knox, said "Im so sad to mom....Its just me and us now hu."  Made me laugh! 
He loves school! and is so happy to be there.  He didn't miss me.  I've been pouting but I will get used to it. 
I'm so glad I've kept him to myself.  So, all you stay at home moms that wonder if it is worth it , Im telling you it is.  Things will change with Holden and I.  He's going to just get bigger and older.  And I will cherish the time I've had with him, taking care of his every need. DONT waste time with your babies, love them and spend every second with them....Can you tell I'm feeling a bit dramatic.   =)  Imagine when he goes to college! haha!     


First day of school!! Knox had to get in on the action.  






4 comments:

The Stylers said...

Sad! :( kman is going to be going to a preschool for 4 hrs a week and I am FREAKING out! I feel your pain! .. but you have the cutest boys! I love that last pic!

McKay and Amanda Jones said...

Cute! I am afraid that's how I am going to be! I hate leaving my kids even if it is just to run errands! Good Luck!

The Durham's said...

Those two boys are precious!! I love how close they are! Elsie starts preschool next week, 2 hours a day, I'm excited but super nervous at the same time! I'm probably going to cry too!

Celisa said...

Ha, I love what Knox said, "it's just me and us now, huh?" Love you Portia! Next year it will be Olivia's turn for kindergarten. She's does preschool 2 hours a day, three days a week right now, but Kindergarten is the real deal! You're a great mom!