Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I feel good!!!

I just had such a fun day with Holden today! And thought Hey i will blog about that! Well, first of all I better explain why I am such a happy girl lately. Honestly I feel like a whole new person, and let this be a lesson to you all. I will hurry and explain, take care of your teeth!!!!!! last year this month I had a cavity, and got it fixed, keep in mind I was 9 months prego, but anyway the dentist did a bad job and made my feeling way to big and it was touching the nerve in my mouth and irritating it. With in a week my tooth had abscessed (dont know how to spell that) But it was so painful, I would rather have a baby! It was so bad because not only was it abscessed but my nerve was infected because of the iritation. Anyway I went to two dentists and they said nothing was wrong, because it wasnt decayed at all, and they didn't catch the nerve thing. Anyway I dealt with it for a year. On the 7th of this month, my birthday, it happend again. I wanted to die! But I had not felt good for months, my chest hurt so bad, and I always felt so sick, and I had lost so much weight. That night I was so sick that i just barfed and criedbecause I was in so much pain!, and my temp. was 103. So Rye took me to the emergency room and they helped a little, by making the pain go away, but I went to a dentist the next day and he about died. The infection had spread clear up my face. And he said the poison from your teeth really puts stress on your heart, damages it, and when the infection gets to your brain you will die!! he said a kid in Farmington just died last week because of one! ahh scary hu. My chest pains were so bad! But now we took care of the infection, got rid of that awful tooth, and I feel so different. (I really miss my tooth though :( For the past year I have been just feeling worse and worse, and just had not felt like "me" . I cant believe the difference in me, I finally feel like Portia!!!
We went on a walk today! He was so dang cute. He cant quite walk yet, so he pushed his grocery cart all the way to the park, where you can see (above) he figured out that dirt tasted bad!!! He took a big bite, and I watched him just freeze.......for like 30 sec.......because he was like in shock!

12 comments:

Cassie said...

Portia, I am so glad you got your tooth taken care of. That sounded horrible! I am so sorry! I have also heard of people dying or almost dying because of teeth problems. When I worked at Primary Childrens Dental Clinic we had kids come in every week with their faces swollen up huge because of an abcess (sp?).
Holden is soooo cute. I really miss him. If you lived closer I would be begging you to let me babysit him! Tell Rye Hi, how was speaking in church?

Megan said...

Oh my Portia you are a trooper! I'm a baby when it comes to pain haha! I'm gald you got that all taken care of!

Woods Family said...

I hate the dentist, that sounds horrible. gald you got it taken care of and you're back to your self. Holden is so cute!

Celisa said...

How scary about the tooth infection! I'm glad that you got it fixed and are feeling better! Not a fun way to spend your birthday though, you and Rye should celebrate it for real now that you are feeling better.

Woods Family said...

I know he's pretty amazing huh. I look up to him in a lot of ways. i'm a pretty lucky girl!! Are you runnin the marathon?? Thats awesome! I'd love to run one one day i just started runnin last week but i'm not much of a runner, its about killin me but i'm tryin. ha ha! Well let me know i'll be there in the stand cheerin you guys on!

Kassie, Aaron and Boys said...

I am so glad that you have a blog. I am so glad that you are here in Farmington, I am excited to get to know you better. I feel so bad that I didn't know about your tooth, so that I could help out, but I am glad that you are doing better. Kassie Rogers

Ricci Harvey said...

Hey Portia, If you really do want to do some family pictures I need some for my portfolio, just let me know when is good for you and we can meet in Durango or something, K?

Ricci Harvey said...

Umm, I'm not sure when. We could also meet in Ouray it's three hours from us and I think two from you. They are both pretty towns. I'll have to come a little early and check them out though because I've only been to both once. But let's see how things go in the next couple weeks cause I need to wait for another paycheck, is that cool?

mommydearest said...

Casie finally helped me get on your blog. I really love the picture of Rye and Hogie. He looks so grown up in his little cap. Its great to be a parent --- its just to bad that it goes by so fast. When I really think about it I realize that I only lived with my parents for 18 years --- and Russ and I have been married for almost 34 years :) I guess that as parents we need to try to fit a lifetime of teaching into 18 short years. It goes by too fast. And then guess what happens----Your baby boy will get married and move far away ( like New Mexico) and you just have to hope that your example is good enough to make a difference in this life. Love Ya and hope to see you soon.

Shanley said...

Portia I was wondering how you and Rye are doing down in New Mexico! I'm glad you started a blog now we can keep in touch.

Shanley

Sara Schwartz said...

Oh my gosh!! That sounded so horrible!!! I can't stand pain at all... You are so strong to deal with it for so long!! Anyways, your little man is so dang cute I can't beleive he is walking!!

Cassie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Holden! I wish I was there too give you a great big kiss! Lot of loves!