Friday, April 9, 2010

Baby Stuff....

I know this is a dumb post but I am so proud of myself!!! I have been crafting and sewing. And I know you all think I could do this stuff because of the family I come from, but NOPE, not me, I never participated. But I have had sooooo much fun! I have been making all sort of things for my boys, and trying to learn all the basics of sewing and stuff. Hopefully I can get good enough to start helping my house =) But I have made lots of blankets ( I have tried all the different ways of doing them) and a carrier cover, utter cover (breastfeeding shawl thingy) little scratch safe mittens, cute name letters for their room, Diaper pouches for them (Thanks Heidi) and more! I also have a pillow and bedspread in the process for Hogie (A pieced one!) I am loving learning to do this kind of stuff! But I took some pictures for ya of some of the stuff. And don't be haters, I am learning, and I have limited supplies, I cant just steal from my mom and grandma Rohde, haha!!

My utter cover - Car seat carrier cover, and it's reversible=)


I soft blanky (my favorite) - Some different receiving blankets, I had to make all new, when your child has horrible reflux for the first 15 months of his life, all your stuff get's ruined!

I wanted to make these to help keep me organized, I thought they were fun. Did I say his name is Knox, were working on the middle name =)


I am working on Holdens name modge podge is a great thing!- I didn't make these bibs, Mirinda made them for him, but I Loved them and made some bigger ones for Holden.

And here It is my Great BALL OF JOY!!! my never ending basketball! But I am ready to be done! My body feels like it is dying on me. I am already an old women =( But He is healthy and strong and a cute chubby little guy! I am so exited for him! Oh and the best part is my last ultrasound we saw a head full of hair! We will see th0, Even tho Holden is amazingly cute, I just don't know where we got that little blond haired, blue eyed boy, but we will sure take another!


Oh, and my wonderful sisters started blogging! here are their blog address's, I am so exited! http://familyofmckims.blogspot.com and http://therogersneighborhood43.blogspot.com

10 comments:

The brackens said...

P Fitzy!!! I hope I look Just as cute as you with a prego belly :)!! AND.. I am totally expecting a car seat cover.. and utter cover ;)I love that.. haha, so funny.. And a cute pack with my babies name on it ;)... hehe... Your "craftyness" is great, and SOOOO cute!!!! I love doing fun sewing stuff.. and Im just learning too!!! But..Anyway, YAY.. for almost being due.. and Im just starting.. and I love it all!!! LOOOOVE YOUUUU!!!!!

Woods Family said...

I'm impressed Portia! Way way cute stuff!! I wish I was more crafty that way! How exciting!!! oh, and you looks so cute prego!

Unknown said...

Way way CUTE! You could open a boutique and sell all that cute stuff! I think you definitely have that crafty gene in you to make all of that. You look way cute too!

Ricci Harvey said...

I love to sew, I just can't find the motivation! But I love the diaper pouches, did you get the idea of them on craftgossip.com? If not you should tell me how to make them.

The Cardona Family said...

All the stuff you made is amazing! You will have to give me lessons one of these days, I am very sewing/craft challenged!

Celisa said...

Portia, you are awesome¡ I love all of the cute blankets, and baby things. They look great, and so do you by the way. You are such a cute pregnant lady¡ (For some reason the punctuation on my keyboard is on the Spanish setting and I dont know how to get it off, so my exclamation points are upside down. I think AaroƱ did it as a prank on me. Its so annoying¡¡¡¡¡¡ (ha ha)

The McKims! said...

Oh Portia!! they are all sooo amazing!!! look at you go! And you look so good. I think that i am already bigger than you!

Shanley said...

I love the crafty baby stuff. That's so awesome. I don't know why making crafts is so gratifying but it is. You look adorable, and I really like your hair too!

The McKims! said...

Port, you are right! I shouldn't feel bad! our boys are plenty active!

I have a question... if i want to respond to a comment that someone (like you) left of my blog, do i have to respond by posting a comment on your blog or do i just post a comment on my blog and you'll get notification of it (kinda like facebook)??

Erica Locke said...

Good work Portia! You look so cute prego.