Monday, November 21, 2011

Good Investment???

Were the Living scriptures a good investment???

I Think so!!
Before we even had Holden we got a knock at the door from a Living Scriptures salesmen. (you remember those??)  The church history movies.  Anyways, we had them growing up.  We were not aloud to watch TV until 6 pm on Sundays, but we could watch living scriptures.  So I can honestly say I learned and knew these amazing stories from watching these movies, and trust me we all watched them until we moved out!! Last time I went home my 18 year old brother was watching "He has Risen" haha!  So we of course had to purchase them from the salesman.  Rye was a little iffy....But he loves them. Our kids love them.  We have gotten one  a month for 4 years  now!!!  I remember thinking "Oh my gosh, we are going to be paying for these until Holden is 4 years old, what are we getting our selves into!!"  But time flys...holy cow....We have two left!!  People think they are a rip off, but when a  man is talking in your ward and tells about Nephi and your three year old is so exited telling the story to you as the  men tells it, or when you hear him tell a two year old he has a uncle Austin that is a missionary like Ammon, you are so grateful that it ended up being worth it!!  Cuz, them bad boys are pricey.  They wanted to watch one today, and I walked and saw them like this....Which is a huge NoNo.  (sitting on thee table)

So go and get them.  We use them for family home evening all the time.  Tonight we are using the one on pilgrams (William Bradford)


2 comments:

Cassie said...

I love it Portia! Cute little boys! You reminded me that I need to update my blog! We just finished reading the Book of Mormon with the kids on Thursday!

Ricci Harvey said...

awesome! I always remember you talking about them in sunday school, I always wanted them because it's always been so hard for me to understand the scriptures.