Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Today is my Dads fifty first Birthday!!!  I can not believe he is that old.   I am so thankful for my dad.  And so lucky because I got to hang out with him today!
What I love and will remember about my dad:
He is so smart, I'm talking medical school smart.  He was top in every college he attended, and so involved.  He even took Nationals in college speech and debate. Everywhere I go people know him for this.
He is musically talented.  I love this about him.  He has so many great hobbies, but never put them before his kids, and always found ways to involve us.
He Loves his children, probably to much.
He has the best sense of humor.  Even though he has always been so involved in the church he has never turned into a stickler....if ya know what I mean.
He has a wonderful testimony and taught us all so well.  I will never forget the first time he got to sit with our family in sacrament meeting, and I was nine years old!!!  He was in the bishopric that long.
He helped/helps us all with anything.  In college he would meet me at IHOP at 11 at night and teach me a semester of math!!  Or record ten little girls sing for me, haha YW's.
When I need to talk in church he will still sit with me on the phone and help me write a talk.
He is kinda shy.
Throughout my entire life my dad had more kids from my high school come over to hang out with him then I did.  He is so good with the youth, and I know many that look up to him.
He and my uncle Rob really motivated Mirinda and I though out growing up.
He has always been a great example.
He taught me how to be, and did a good job,   I hope I can do that with my kids.  There is no reason Why I cant be the best parent thanks to my him.
I love you DAD...

This picture of the little boy is kinda their logo, American boy.  That's is my dad when he was kid.  Cutie.
His newest project is this "American boy" song. 
Go to this facebook page and listen to their song and like their page!  They are do some contest for the Republican party.  The winner gets to have a famous person sing their song!  They are just having a good time, my dad is a kid at heart! 


This past week My little brother went through the Temple.  We were all there!!  It was my favorite trip yet.  My dad should be proud, because I am to be a member of his family.

3 comments:

Ricci Harvey said...

I love your dad and I always have. I've always wanted to be a member of your family. I always thought you guys had the right blend of religious and normal. Hopefully I can raise kids as good as you'll be able to!

Portia said...

Rick, of course you will!! Much better I imagine, did I tell you I ran into your mom!! Does that women Age???? What the heck, she is beautiful!

Shanley said...

Your dad is AWESOME! I need to go listen to their song now. I am sure it's amazing. Fun that Slade went through the temple. You look great as always!