Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year



Holden, rye, and Knox Christmas morning! - Knox and Holden with Santa, at our apartment Christmas party. (Below) Holden helping bath the dirty boy! and Holden and Knox with grandma Debbie and grandpa



Man, what a crazy year this has been....Words can not even describe. Four moves, three states, a new baby, and a lot of growing up. life's good tho...Christmas was wonderful, we were able to go home and share it with those we love.....
I don't know about anybody else, but it felt different this time (the holiday season) I think this year has been hard for a lot of people, trialing, but I think rewarding. But this whole holiday season I have felt so humbled and been so emotional.....
I have been just trying to be a "little better" at everything, especially loving. I have realized if you just love your kids, spouse, family, the lord, totally the right way, everything else will work out....So lame, but my thoughts.

New Years resolutions:

1- try a little harder to be a little better (at everything)

2- Run the marathon

3- have family home evening

4- Take the plastic sealers completely off containers (such as sour cream, yogurt, and cottage cheese) when I open them
(That's for Rye!)

Happy New Year!!!

All my Christmas pictures are on my moms camera =( But here are a few I had of the holiday!

7 comments:

TheStaheliFamily said...

I laughed so hard at number four. I leave them attached too and it drives Reece crazy. He doesn't understand why and I don't really either but I've always done it. I've also been trying to take them off all the way just for him. It doesn't bother me:)

TheStaheliFamily said...

Sorry but the stroller was a rental from the zoo. I'd love to have a double, but I want a bob revolution and don't want to fork out the cash for one, so I just don't have one for now. Parker's about too big for a stroller so I just figure I'll wait till I have another kid and keep lookin for a used one in the mean time. Hopefully we both can find one!!

Portia said...

Haha thanks! Hopefully we can!

Ricci Harvey said...

That's pretty funny. Just so you know, I think you're really great. What an awesome friend you are. You are one of my favorite people, and I miss you and your humor a ton! I love your main picture of Holden, also I like that you put, "their kids" ha ha! Also I love the new picture you have up of Knox. He is such a sweetie pie!

The brackens said...

Ha!!! Love the resolutions!!!! :)!!! I havent sat down and wrote down goals in a long time!!!! I think maybe I should try and do it this year! OH.. and Im gonna train for a 5 k! (I hope)!!! haha.. Love ya P!! Happy New year and Merry Christmas

Celisa said...

I'm glad that you had a good Christmas! Your kids are just the cutest little studs ever. I was just on Ricci's blog and saw your comment about warping Holden to love Livi, and I just cracked up because I've shown Livi pictures of Holden on facebook and what not, and she's already in love with him! So I think their future is promising, ha ha. Love you Porsh! I hope you guys have a great year!

Erica Locke said...

You are so fun. I like the goals for this year and I agree with you that loving in the right ways can make everything ok.